LottoPost

Full Version: Chat Cafe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Please use this thread for general Chit Chat

ecneps

Hi
Why is it when Britain goes to war it is always out gunned look at the case of the Graf Spee it had 11 inch guns while the Ajax and Achilles had only 6 inch guns
And british tanks where no better when they came up against the german panzers
If it was not for the americans supplying the british with Shermans we would have been canon fodder
Even in todays modern army the british do not always have the equipment thay need to do the job
Don't the military ever learn from history or is it the case they are run by a lot of hooray Henry's emanating from sandhurst
The point is we always seem to fight with bows and arrows while the enemy has the rifle's
If you get fed up of messing about with the Lotto and want a bit of educational fun, try this addictive physics/engineering game.
Fantastic contraption is a brilliant on line game. The object is simple, you have to get a pink item of cargo from the left side of the screen to the right hand target area (also coloured pink). You have at your disposal wheels and links which you have to join together to make a vehicle or contaption to overcome the obstacles in your way. The interactive tutorial (click 'start here') explains it better than me. It is important when creating a link that you join it exactly to the right spot or the thing comes apart.
What I like about this is there is no time limit, you can have as many goes as you like and go back and change the design until it works. Great educational tool for children (and me ). when you have solved a puzzle you can save the result as a link, then paste it in a forum to show friends how you did it. Theres a forum where you can look at other peoples solutions, get cheats etc.
I think this is great educational tool for children as it behaves exactly like it would in the real world. Fantasticcontraption.com
For all users of Adobe products Dec 18 2009

Be careful if you use these products !

Serious vulnerabilities have been discovered in Adobe Reader & Adobe Acrobat that probably affect all versions in use in BGS and on your home systems. No patches are available.

The most likely way that criminals could exploit these vulnerabilities to gain control of your PC would be for them to persuade you to open a toxic PDF sent as an attachment to an unsolicited email message. I
Just to let you guys know that my PC has died, can't start it, probably a hard drive failre. I'm using a borrowed laptop to post this, but all my spreadsheets and tools were on the dead PC. I have backups butthe version of office on this machine is different, so I won't be posting any predictions for a while, till I get sorted. Bye for now.
(02-01-2010 04:50 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you guys know that my PC has died, can't start it, probably a hard drive failre. I'm using a borrowed laptop to post this, but all my spreadsheets and tools were on the dead PC. I have backups butthe version of office on this machine is different, so I won't be posting any predictions for a while, till I get sorted. Bye for now.
Hi ,Frank,
I'm very sorry for you!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry

Time ago a sudden sistemcrash made me lost about 20% of my
personal archiv in matter of italian lotto ,a piece of me leteraly died...
So I'm now wishing you to be succesfull saving everything,even the smallest file of your personal archiv!
As you did us "by" ,I don't know if you will read this but
I find very usefull the site of Leo(link below),just for person like me,
I'm not PC mago and it's important not doing bad errors ,and lot of
pratical advices for the main problems,hope helping:

http://ask-leo.com

Looking forward to reading again you soon!
Welcome
Sorry to hear you got problems frank, just before christmas my computer died altogether, even had smoke coming out of it, luckily got a new one, and had an external drive back up, but a nightmare all the same, so you have my sympathies, its surprising how much we rely on them...any way good luck. val
It seems to be the season for broken computers, Stig lost 3 in power surge before Christmas, I'm glad you recovered OK Val. I have backups on flash drives and a new external drive, so hopefully all will be well eventually.
glad youve got it covered frank, talking of the stig how is he? any news of the doc as well?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's