Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pairs, Triplets, Quadruplets etc
11-04-2017, 03:47 AM
Pairs, Triplets, Quadruplets etc
Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth the effort to do analysis how many times a ball has been twice in a row, three times in a row etc.

Does anyone use this analysis a part of determining the next draws numbers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Pairs, Triplets, Quadruplets etc
(11-04-2017 03:47 AM)doug_w Wrote:  Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth the effort to do analysis how many times a ball has been twice in a row, three times in a row etc.

Hi Doug
What you want to look for is follow on numbers
in the UK Lotto's new 6/59
if number 6 is drawn you can be sure number 23
will follow within a few draws
on the old Lotto 6/49 it was the other way around
23 then 6 followed

another is if number 7 is drawn pick number 13
as a follow on number or the other way around 13 then look out for number 7

Doing it that way you can get a list together with possible follow on numbers.

I hope that helps?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2017, 02:56 PM
You may recall Doug, I did a tutorial on designing an Excel spreadsheet to do my version of Markov chains ( follow on numbers) back in Jan 2015 for the 649 lotto as it was then. ( in the USA lotto forum). I believe you got involved and was going to convert it to Visual Basic? Not exactly the same as a number directly repeating, know, which was about one in twelve for 649 as I recall.
13-04-2017, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 12:23 PM by doug_w.)
(12-04-2017 02:21 PM)Len Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 03:47 AM)doug_w Wrote:  Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth the effort to do analysis how many times a ball has been twice in a row, three times in a row etc.

Hi Doug
What you want to look for is follow on numbers
in the UK Lotto's new 6/59
if number 6 is drawn you can be sure number 23
will follow within a few draws
on the old Lotto 6/49 it was the other way around
23 then 6 followed

another is if number 7 is drawn pick number 13
as a follow on number or the other way around 13 then look out for number 7

Doing it that way you can get a list together with possible follow on numbers.

I hope that helps?

Thanks Len I will have be looking closely at all the Australia Lotto Draws to see if that behaviour happens.

(12-04-2017 02:56 PM)Frank Wrote:  You may recall Doug, I did a tutorial on designing an Excel spreadsheet to do my version of Markov chains ( follow on numbers) back in Jan 2015 for the 649 lotto as it was then. ( in the USA lotto forum). I believe you got involved and was going to convert it to Visual Basic? Not exactly the same as a number directly repeating, know, which was about one in twelve for 649 as I recall.

Hi Frank yes I got involved with you Markov Chains and thank you for all the hard work you put into it and sharing it with everyone.

But what I am talking about here is if says the number 7 get regularly drawn say 2 draws in a row, then every so often gets drawn three times in a row. Is this a reliable filter to us to help reduce the number of balls to select from

(12-04-2017 02:56 PM)Frank Wrote:  You may recall Doug, I did a tutorial on designing an Excel spreadsheet to do my version of Markov chains ( follow on numbers) back in Jan 2015 for the 649 lotto as it was then. ( in the USA lotto forum). I believe you got involved and was going to convert it to Visual Basic? Not exactly the same as a number directly repeating, know, which was about one in twelve for 649 as I recall.

I have also applied the follows principle to Linewidths drawn, Odd / Even / Low and High Numbers Drawn and it is quite interesting how well it performs.
13-04-2017, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2017 08:15 PM by Frank.)
Doug,
I was wrong in my guess above for the 649, actually the probability of being drawn ONCE is not a twelfth but an eighth approximately. For twice in a row you have to square that figure, so its about one in 64 draws on average.
I just looked at probabilities for the UK 659 and the actual results over 158 draws (with 59 balls). Probability of a named ball being drawn is 10% so probability of being drawn twice in a row is 1%, about 1 in 100. This is backed up by actual results where, in general there has only been one occasion over 158 draws where any ball has been drawn twice on the trot. With such enormous odds you could never predict when it would happen, events can be early, on time or 10 times overdue, so the next event can be 10 draws away or 1000 draws away. Its a non starter as a predictive tool, unfortunately. As for three in a row at once in a 1000 draws, you could wait 10 years for it to happen. Icon_smile
14-04-2017, 03:17 AM
Thanks Frank I appreciate your efforts, I probably won't go any further with pairs, triplets etc.