Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please Advise
14-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Please Advise
Looking for feedback.

Has anyone done any analysis on how may times a Ball is drawn either side of a ball in the previous draw

eg if in the last draw the number 7 was drawn

in the next draw what are the odds that a 6 or 8 will be drawn in the next draw.

Have not looked into this yet so would like to know if anyone else has and what conclusions they have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2017, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2017 09:00 PM by Frank.)
RE: Please Advise
Yes Ive done it with the UK Lotto when it was a 649 lottery. I analysed just the main balls and I ignored the end balls e.g number 49 can have a ball less than itself (I counted that possibility) but 49 could have a ball more than itself if you assumed that it wrapped around back to ball number 1.
I ignored that possibility and at the other end number 1 could in theory have no. 49 as one less if it wrapped around. I ignored that.
The study was over 2065 draws. I refer to them as 'adjacents' and there are 2 types of adjacent, rising adjacent (one more) and falling adjacent (one less).

Here are the statistics:-

Draws which have at least one rising adjacent 1146 =55.52%
Draws which have at least one falling adjacent 1149 =55.67%
Draws which have at least one adjacent either type 1659 =80.38%
Draws which have at least one rising adjacent AND at least one falling adjacent 636= 30.7%

There were mixtures of combinations of adjacents as you can see, sometimes just one type sometimes both types. You can infer from the above that 19.62% of draws had NO adjacent matches.

Also the above figures are true whether you compare 2 adjacent draws (consecutives) or whether you compare 2 draws with a skip of N apart, the figures are the same whatever the value of N.

So you've a 80% chance that the next draw will have an adjacent to the current draw, but then you have to guess higher or lower, and which ball will it be, you have a 1 in 12 chance on the second decision.

The question is, does this help ? Ive never tried to use it to predict a result.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2017, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2017 12:34 AM by doug_w.)
RE: Please Advise
Thanks Frank that is very helpful indeed, and think I will take a good look at using it. I am sure this could be useful in my determinations, when checking possible numbers in the next draw, it could help further confirm a ball is indeed a great possible pick or not
Find all posts by this user