Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Generate More Interest For This Forum
24-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Generate More Interest For This Forum
How do we get more members to become active again in this forum.

Or be rate interest for new members.

We need some healthy debate and new ideas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: Generate More Interest For This Forum
It's very difficult 23 years after the lottery began in the UK. There was lots of interest in the beginning when the lottery was shiny and new, and it was 649 format at £1 a ticket.
Lots of people wanted to learn new ways of beating the odds, everything was new, and the jackpots were enormous as so many people bought tickets. There was lots to talk about. Over the years people got bored and disillusioned as they realised it was harder to win than they thought. Ticket sales in the lottery declined, so did the jackpots as interest in the UK lottery waned, and people walked away from forums like this.
Then, just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Camelot, the U.K. Lottery operator did 2 things. Firstly it doubled the cost of a ticket to £2 , which immediately halved ticket sales and the jackpots. Then, in order to get the jackpots bigger it had a brainwave. Why not make it three times harder to win, so it will keep rolling over, and build up a bigger jackpot? They made it a 659 lotto. And just to fool the public into believing there was a 1 in 9 chance of winning a prize, they scrapped the £10 match 3 prize and replaced it with a free lucky dip ticket for match 2 and called that a "prize", you didn't have the luxury of choosing your own numbers. The prize for match 3 was now £25 but three times harder to win.
So with only 8% of the adult population playing on a Wednesday, up to 16% on a Saturday, depending on the jackpot, there's not much interest or discussion any more on the UK 659. There are other lotteries, easier to win in the UK, some of which you can only play at a bookmakers, but nobody is coming here to talk about it any more.
I think we need to publish next weeks lottery results in order to get people to use uk lottery forums these days.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-04-2017, 03:55 PM
(25-04-2017 01:18 PM)Frank Wrote:  It's very difficult 23 years after the lottery began in the UK. There was lots of interest in the beginning when the lottery was shiny and new, and it was 649 format at £1 a ticket.
Lots of people wanted to learn new ways of beating the odds, everything was new, and the jackpots were enormous as so many people bought tickets. There was lots to talk about. Over the years people got bored and disillusioned as they realised it was harder to win than they thought. Ticket sales in the lottery declined, so did the jackpots as interest in the UK lottery waned, and people walked away from forums like this.
Then, just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, Camelot, the U.K. Lottery operator did 2 things. Firstly it doubled the cost of a ticket to £2 , which immediately halved ticket sales and the jackpots. Then, in order to get the jackpots bigger it had a brainwave. Why not make it three times harder to win, so it will keep rolling over, and build up a bigger jackpot? They made it a 659 lotto. And just to fool the public into believing there was a 1 in 9 chance of winning a prize, they scrapped the £10 match 3 prize and replaced it with a free lucky dip ticket for match 2 and called that a "prize", you didn't have the luxury of choosing your own numbers. The prize for match 3 was now £25 but three times harder to win.
So with only 8% of the adult population playing on a Wednesday, up to 16% on a Saturday, depending on the jackpot, there's not much interest or discussion any more on the UK 659. There are other lotteries, easier to win in the UK, some of which you can only play at a bookmakers, but nobody is coming here to talk about it any more.
I think we need to publish next weeks lottery results in order to get people to use uk lottery forums these days.

Hi Frank, Doug and all
Camelot have killed the lottery with their crap prize monies
for five and the bonus winners.

Putting up a lotto ticket to £2
was a big mistake, most people lost heart
or could not afford the new charge.

My advice to any lotto players is Play "The Health Lottery"
you get a better deal for just a £1 Ylsuper
11-06-2018, 06:06 PM
C ontagious - catch THE lottery fever at our own peril
A ddicted - no WAY we are not,we just cannot stop playing
M illionaires - TO the few lucky souls,our congratulations
E XCITING - more rollovers,more dissastisfactions and more disappointments
L icence - enjoy it whilst you can,the LOTTERY Commission is watching
O perators - as it IS ,you are supposed to thrill and not to kill the good game
T ime - change to 49 before it is too late
12-06-2018, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 01:28 PM by Frank.)
Wise words indeed. I hope Camelot are reading this. Even better, follow the Irish example and have 47 balls. Still life changing jackpots and an actual cat in hells chance of winning it.
18-06-2018, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2018 08:23 AM by noelhee22.)
(12-06-2018 01:24 PM)Frank Wrote:  Wise words indeed. I hope Camelot are reading this. Even better, follow the Irish example and have 47 balls. Still life changing jackpots and an actual cat in hells chance of winning it.

THE WAY TO EXCITING LOTTERY IS 49. Since the number of balls has increased to 59 more and more regular Lottery players are turning their backs on the Lotto. Although it was hard to get even 3 numbers right there were the odd few occasions when one would be lucky enough to win £10. As for the big prize now,i suppose,one can dream. ' CAMELOT YOU ARE NOT PLAYING BALLS '
21-06-2018, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2018 03:56 AM by noelhee22.)
I had been unlucky to have been issued with a Faulty Euromillions Lottery Ticket that had the Millionaire Maker Codes missing on it on30Dec16. My complaint to the National Lottery was not dealt with properly and it escalated to CEDR and finally to the Gambling Commission. What should have taken a few weeks by Camelot took more than 3 months to provide me with Proof !! (a screen shot proof supposedly taken from Camelot;s Database)
My questions to the members of the Forum are:
(1) Do you check your Lottery Tickets in the shop every time you buy one?
(2)If you get a Faulty Lottery Ticket with numbers missing,would you be satisfied if after complaining Camelot gives you the missing numbers and tells you they have been entered in the draw?
(3)Would you ask for Proof? And how long should Camelot take to provide you with the Proof?
(4)Camelot said that there were technical issues at some of their retail outlets. Could the Fault have been at their Central Lottery Database instead?
(5)How could that have happened? Out of the millions Lottery Tickets sold on that day that Ticket came out Faulty.

That should not have happened to anyone but it did. I am no nearer to finding out the truth of what really happened. Did my numbers go into that draw? Maybe,maybe not !
06-08-2018, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2018 10:52 AM by noelhee22.)
(21-06-2018 08:12 AM)noelhee22 Wrote:  I had been unlucky to have been issued with a Faulty Euromillions Lottery Ticket that had the Millionaire Maker Codes missing on it on30Dec16. My complaint to the National Lottery was not dealt with properly and it escalated to CEDR and finally to the Gambling Commission. What should have taken a few weeks by Camelot took more than 3 months to provide me with Proof !! (a screen shot proof supposedly taken from Camelot;s Database)
My questions to the members of the Forum are:
(1) Do you check your Lottery Tickets in the shop every time you buy one?
(2)If you get a Faulty Lottery Ticket with numbers missing,would you be satisfied if after complaining Camelot gives you the missing numbers and tells you they have been entered in the draw?
(3)Would you ask for Proof? And how long should Camelot take to provide you with the Proof?
(4)Camelot said that there were technical issues at some of their retail outlets. Could the Fault have been at their Central Lottery Database instead?
(5)How could that have happened? Out of the millions Lottery Tickets sold on that day that Ticket came out Faulty.

That should not have happened to anyone but it did. I am no nearer to finding out the truth of what really happened. Did my numbers go into that draw? Maybe,maybe not !

My search to finding out more about my Faulty Lottery Ticket has taken me to foi@gambling.gov.uk to request under the Freedom Of Information Act 2000: 'HOW MANY EUROMILLIONS FAULTY LOTTERY TICKETS WERE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL LOTTERY WITH THE MILLIONAIRE MAKER CODES MISSING ON THE LOTTERY TICKETS FOR THE 30DEC16 DRAW'

The Gambling Commission claims that 'we monitor the reliability,security and efficiency of the National Lottery's Central Computer Systems and network of Terminals' If that is the case they should know how many Lottery Tickets came out Faulty for that draw. They said they knew about the Printing fault. Of course they should know because i complained about my Faulty Lottery to them last year. And as the Regulator they would have made it their business to find out whether there were many more of those Faulty Lottery Tickets that were sold for that draw.

If they do not know how many Faulty Lottery Tickets were issued,then they should not be in the business as regulator of the Gambling Industries. If they know and they are not releasing the information under the Freedom Of Information Act 2000,then there is this matter of Transparency,Accountability,Fairness and Honesty that need to be addressed.
22-08-2018, 07:58 AM
FOI Gambling Commission say that they do not hold the information i have requested under the Freedom Of Information Act 2000. I find that hard to believe that as Regulator of the Gambling Industries they do not know how many Faulty Euromillions Lottery Tickets were issued by the National Lottery for that 30Dec16 Draw. Or is it the case that they know and do not want to make the Information public because if they do they would have to carry out a full investigation,something they are not prepared to do. Whatever that reason is we shall find out in due course because the matter has been passed on to the Information Commissioner's Office. Maybe we will get the answer from the Commissioner.