Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulgarian Lotto
19-09-2009, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2009 02:58 PM by Frank.)
Bulgarian Lotto
The whole world is buzzing with speculation about the amazing outcome of the Bugarian Lotto on the 6th and 10th September. In case you missed it, the SAME 6 numbers came out in CONSECUTIVE draws.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8259801.stm

I've clicked on dozens of links to try and find out what format of lotto it is, even visiting the Bugarian TOTO site to find the results which were
4, 15, 23, 24, 35 and 42 although drawn in different orders. I never found them.
Anyway I believe I've eventually found that they used 6/42 for this particular one. The news stories say a mathematician said the odds of such an event were 4 million to 1. This is clearly incorrect, since the odds of ANY combination coming out (regardless of what went before) is Combin(42,6)-1= 5,245,785 to 1. The odds of this happening twice in a row cannot be less than this figure, ever. I see that in the second draw , 18 people won the lotto, when nobody won it 4 days earlier. So why did these people put those numbers on knowing they had just been drawn ? No wonder they are carrying out an investigation, including the ages and geographic locations of the winners to check for collusion - it does smell a bit.

If you want a really complicated explanation of the odds of a repeated result then http://www.thisisthegreenroom.com/2009/r...obability/ this takes the prize. it goes all around the houses to arrive back at what I said above, 5.2 million to 1. Crazy
What do you think ? Fixed ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2009, 04:18 PM
RE: Bulgarian Lotto
god that is fishy, I suppose it would interesting to know if these were computer generated or the ball machine like ours, ive not seen anything on this, but ive always said the lottery is a business, and the object of any business is to make money!
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Well according to this youtube clip, its a 6/49 lottery making it even less likely, 1 in 14 million. To me its not so much that the numbers repeated, I can see it can happen, its just the circumstances, first time.. its a rollover second time directly in the next draw, 18 people pick the same numbers ..HuH ?

04-10-2009, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2009 09:27 AM by ido.)
(19-09-2009 02:57 PM)Frank Wrote:  The whole world is buzzing with speculation about the amazing outcome of the Bugarian Lotto on the 6th and 10th September. In case you missed it, the SAME 6 numbers came out in CONSECUTIVE draws.
Hi,
What do you think:

"....A probe into the repeat of lottery numbers on the Bulgarian Lottery found that the lottery repeat was a fluke. The odd occurrence reported on our pages last week has been investigated and officials have found that the unlikely event was just a fluke after finding no problems with the lottery machine or the balls used in the draw...."

Continue reading Lottery Repeat was a Fluke:

http://www.worldlottery.net/news/lottery...-fluke.asp

I have two rethorical questions:

1/If the repeat of the lottery numbers created the main
suspect that maybe there are some problems with the lottery machine ,
than logicaly we have to suppose the machine is meditated
to generate every time different numbers and in no case the
same ones immediatly in the next draw??????

A machine proccess limited like this my be realy considered
randomly generating the numbers drawn ?

2/how exactly the imvestigation comission may be sure about
the exact ball set fisicaly used for a concret draw

the funny thing is I still didn't find the word "fluke" in my
dictionaries -in conclusion it isn't yet clear to me whith exactly
the final result of the investigation isRotflolRotflolRotflol
04-10-2009, 11:09 PM
(04-10-2009 09:24 AM)ido Wrote:  
(19-09-2009 02:57 PM)Frank Wrote:  The whole world is buzzing with speculation about the amazing outcome of the Bugarian Lotto on the 6th and 10th September. In case you missed it, the SAME 6 numbers came out in CONSECUTIVE draws.
Hi,
What do you think:

"....A probe into the repeat of lottery numbers on the Bulgarian Lottery found that the lottery repeat was a fluke. The odd occurrence reported on our pages last week has been investigated and officials have found that the unlikely event was just a fluke after finding no problems with the lottery machine or the balls used in the draw...."

Continue reading Lottery Repeat was a Fluke:

http://www.worldlottery.net/news/lottery...-fluke.asp

I have two rethorical questions:

1/If the repeat of the lottery numbers created the main
suspect that maybe there are some problems with the lottery machine ,
than logicaly we have to suppose the machine is meditated
to generate every time different numbers and in no case the
same ones immediatly in the next draw??????

A machine proccess limited like this my be realy considered
randomly generating the numbers drawn ?

2/how exactly the imvestigation comission may be sure about
the exact ball set fisicaly used for a concret draw

the funny thing is I still didn't find the word "fluke" in my
dictionaries -in conclusion it isn't yet clear to me whith exactly
the final result of the investigation isRotflolRotflolRotflol

A fluke is a stroke of luck usually which results in an unexpected or undeserved win. Example in a game of snooker the player is about to pot the black ball in a fairly easy almost direct shot. He miscues, the cue ball ball leaps up in the air, jumps over the black ball, bounces off two cushions, rolls over to the black ball, knocking it into the pocket then the cue ball lines itself up for an easy red. Now thats a fluke !
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 02:33 PM by ido.)
(04-10-2009 11:09 PM)Frank Wrote:  A fluke is a stroke of luck usually which results in an unexpected or undeserved win. Example in a game of snooker the player is about to pot the black ball in a fairly easy almost direct shot. He miscues, the cue ball ball leaps up in the air, jumps over the black ball, bounces off two cushions, rolls over to the black ball, knocking it into the pocket then the cue ball lines itself up for an easy red. Now thats a fluke !
Hi Frank,
thanks a lot!
When reading leteraly saw the ball jumping(I remember of
GoogleTranslator and understod the meaning of the word)

It's amaising question if the bulgarian Fluke has 1 in 14 million shance of probability to happen ,than the situation described of you how many
probability has?Crazy
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
(05-10-2009 02:33 PM)ido Wrote:  It's amaising question if the bulgarian Fluke has 1 in 14 million shance of probability to happen ,than the situation described of you how many
probability has?Crazy

Your guess is a good as mine Ido, we would say it was a million to one chance, but some snooker players are so good that they can do that on purpose as a trick shot. Icon_cool
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
(06-10-2009 09:58 AM)Frank Wrote:  Your guess is a good as mine Ido, we would say it was a million to one chance, but some snooker players are so good that they can do that on purpose as a trick shot. Icon_cool

Which a fact indulgently allows us modestly to hope that a human
with only 16 hours daily of exercise soon or late should become
best fluke shoter indipendently of the interest area ,lottery predicting
includedRotflol