Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lotto
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Lotto
Please talk about Lotto here in this thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Lotto
I have read in an article that you have the best chance to win if you just randomly pick out the numbers!! Can´t find the article anymore, but it was a blog about mathematics.
I have been picking out the numbers randomly at https://www.multilotto.com/en/
I like playing the lottery in different countries. Hopefully that will also increase my chance of winning. So far no luck, but hopefully soon!
Find all posts by this user
30-07-2016, 11:43 AM
(29-07-2016 08:42 AM)LadyRainbow Wrote:  I have read in an article that you have the best chance to win if you just randomly pick out the numbers!! Can´t find the article anymore, but it was a blog about mathematics.
I have been picking out the numbers randomly at https://www.multilotto.com/en/
I like playing the lottery in different countries. Hopefully that will also increase my chance of winning. So far no luck, but hopefully soon!

Well I don't know where you read it, and I don't care who wrote it, but it's WRONG.

If it had said you have an EQUAL chance with random numbers, then that's more like it. That would be hard to disprove. Lotteries are random but just like the weather, they can get into seasonal behaviour, where for a short time they follow a trend, and if you spot it, you can exploit it. Over the past 22 years in this and other forums, challenges have taken place where contestants have submitted a selection of numbers for the next lotto, and competed with each other and with a set of constant numbers and a set of random numbers. This took place over a minimum of 20 draws. I cannot remember any occasion when the random numbers won! Now that the UK lottery has changed to 59 numbers I would suggest that random numbers now come very close to bespoke ones in their success rate due to the much increased odds against a win. However those of us that have been doing this for years prefer to think we have the edge on random numbers.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. Icon_cool
28-06-2021, 05:45 AM
It is really up to a player how he wants to play a lottery game since it is his money he will spend. However, just as we all like to get the best value for anything we buy; you would likely also want to make the most out of the money you spend on lottery tickets.
Therefore, you must play the lottery using the most cost-effect method. I think that randomly picking numbers and doing nothing else would not give the best value for your money.
All balls in a lottery drum have equal chances of getting drawn; thus, it might not be a big deal how you pick your numbers. However, you have to carefully put those numbers together so you can create the most favorable combinations. Such combinations can reduce your losses and enhance your winning opportunities.
In Lotto, every combination offers the winning probability of 1 in 45,057,474. Buy more combinations to increase your winning chances. Choosing combinations with the best ratio of success to failure is better than playing with any random combination. Why?
Suppose there is one combination that offers one winning shot in 100 draws. Another combination offers 2 opportunities to match the winning combination in 100 draws.
Out of the 2 options, won’t you agree that the second combination is the more practical choice? It offers more winning opportunities and fewer chances of failures.
Hence, knowing the ratio of success to failure could make a big difference in how you play. With this strategy, you can play with well-informed decisions instead of playing blindly when you choose combinations randomly.
Find all posts by this user
28-06-2021, 12:42 PM
The most sensible time to play the UK lotto is when it’s a “must be won “ jackpot draw. If the jackpot is not won, then the jackpot prize money is rolled down to the lower prize tiers, making the consolation prizes considerably higher. Typically for matching three balls you could get £60 - double the normal payout. Just for match 2 you win £5 plus a lucky dip ticket. These must be won draws happen quite often, it only has to rollover 5 times to become “must be won”, so keep an eye out for these.
05-07-2021, 01:11 PM
This Wednesday the £13 million jackpot must be won, so consolation prizes may be larger. A good one to play.